httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Where are all the accepts?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:24:37 GMT
Hey Arthur,

On Nov 14, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Arthur Kreitman wrote:

> When I trace through what apache actually does, when a specific
> client sends lots of requests, I see just the occasional accept.
> What am I missing?

Do you have HTTP 1.1 KeepAlive enabled on the server? Turning that
off will radically increase the number of TCP connections the server
will have to accept.

What client are you using? It may use KeepAlive by default, but
sometimes it won't. For instance, ab only uses KeepAlive if you pass
it the -k flag.

S.