httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yvo van Doorn" <yvo.vando...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem on starting Apache2
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:00:37 GMT
Have you tried putting a line break between "Listen 80 Listen 44 * end *"
So it reads:

Listen 80
Listen 44

Those two can't be on one line............. as explained here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/configuring.html#syntax

Excerpt:
"Apache configuration files contain one directive per line. The back-slash
"\" may be used as the last character on a line to indicate that the
directive continues onto the next line. There must be no other characters or
white space between the back-slash and the end of the line."