httpd-users mailing list archives

From tsarvak <tim.sar...@thomson.com>
Subject [users@httpd] can Apache read a user cookie and write value to access_log?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:46:15 GMT

Hi everyone -

I'm a complete newbie to Apache and web development in general, just started
learning about it it this week.
Here's my situation:
We have Apache 1.3 installed on an AIX server.
I want to be able to read a cookie from the user's client PC when they
access the website.  This cookie would contain their user Id.  I then want
to write the value of this cookie to the standard access_log file.  The
purpose of this is to determine which users are accessing our Cognos Web
reports and when.

I understand that Apache can write its own user tracking cookie via the
mod_usertrack, but I need something that specifically allows me to read this
custom cookie containing the user's name.

Help of any kind would be appreciated!
Thanks.