httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pdf: requested range not satisfiable
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:22:13 GMT
then its a problem wit hthe reader. try foxit reader.

On 11/18/06, Christian Mensing <mensing@inorg.chem.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Morgan Gangwere wrote:
>
> > wait. are you compiling a pdf into httpd or doing a http request for it
> >
> > On 11/18/06, Christian Mensing <mensing@inorg.chem.ethz.ch> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I'm new to this list and fail to shift from apache_1.3.37
> >> to the apache 2.2 branch.
> >> Hardware: SGI IP35 with irix 6.5.30.
> >> httpd-2.2.3 compiles smoothly with gcc-4.1.1 and all works fine,
> >> including php-5.1.6 except for pdfs of more than 1 page.
> >> The access file shows partial load and
> >> error 416 "requested range not satisfiable".
> >> Mozilla, firefox, IE fail to load and get frozen.
> >> Sometimes get the error message displayed.
> >> The problem is the same for all 2.2.x versions.
> >> httpd-2.0.59 works fine.
> >> Not sure if its due to an external library, misconfiguration
> >> or a real bug. Haven't found definite answers in the mailing lists
> >> to similar requests.
> >>
> >> Christian Mensing
> >> ETH Zurich

> Sorry for my expression. The request for pdf files longer than
> 1 page fail with error 416.
>
> Christian Mensing
> ETH Zurich

Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.