httpd-users mailing list archives

From cristi <cri...@medialab.sissa.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache ignores cached entries.
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:33:18 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 11/13/06, cristi <cristi@medialab.sissa.it> wrote:
>
>> * My requests were performed with wget and in all the cases without any
>>    header included through the --headers command line option.
>

> Fine, but do you expect all of us to pull out the manual for wget and
> analyze exactly what it is sending?  If you want help from the list,
> you should provide as many details as you can.

Not all of you... of course.

>> * I have installed mod_dumpio. Using these logs I can see the traffic
>>    between all the parties involved (client/cache/origin server). If
>>    you want I can send you the output of mod_dumpio for all the cases
>>    I have already mentioned.
>

> We don't need all the cases.  We just need the case where a freshly
> cached file is not being served from the cache.
>
>> > The first thing you should try is changing LogLevel to debug and then
>> > looking in the error log.
>> >

>> Since I have already analyzed the log of mod_dumpio do you think
>> that has any sense of doing what you have suggested above ?
>

> Yes.  The error log contains information about the cache's analysis of
> the problem, not the headers.

However... attached to this messaage you can find the error log (containing
also *all* the headers between all the parties involved). I send you only
the information you asked for, that is the case here a freshly cached file
is not being served from the cache.

the file javascript.txt contains the log of the first request.
the file javascript-cached.txt contains the log of the second request.

Cristi