httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Hulet <mich...@mindtheshark.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2.2 cannot start: "undefined symbol: proxy_hook_post_request" error (in file /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so)
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:02:17 GMT
Hello all,

I'm upgrading from Apache 2.0.54 to Apache 2.2.3, as I would like to try the proxy_balancer
module.

I'm running a Debian Sarge box. I uninstalled Apache 2.0.54 and I compiled and installed Apache
2.2.3 in /etc/apache2:

    # wget http://apache.scarlet.be/httpd/httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz
    # tar -xvzf httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz
    # cd httpd-2.2.3
    # ./configure --prefix=/etc/apache2 --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-deflate --enable-proxy
--enable-proxy-balancer --enable-proxy-http
    # make
    # make install|

Then, I added this line to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:

    LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so

I launched te server and here is my problem:

    # apache2ctl -k start
    Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
    *Cannot load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so into server:
    /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so: undefined symbol:
    proxy_hook_post_request*

My searches on Google gives me no explaination.
Is there someone here who knows what I could do?

Have a nice day,

Michael