httpd-users mailing list archives

From Filip Kolendo <filip.kole...@primesoft.pl>
Subject [users@httpd] Total response time
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:20:02 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to log into access log the Apache total response time.
I mean from the very moment the request was received (even if it must
wait to be processed for example due to lack of free threads...), to the
moment the response was prepared and sent.

If it matters my configuration is Win 2003/PHP5.0.5 (CGI)/Apache 2.0.48.

I record the processing time within the PHP scripts and I observed that
there is an additional time (even a few seconds) not used by the PHP
scripts.
I guess it is either a network traffic (rather unlikely) or a time
Apache needs to: start processing the request (queuing the requests?),
start the CGI environment, close the CGI env., send the CGI result to
client...

Any suggestions how can I investigate it more deeply?

Thanks,
Filip

--
PrimeSoft Polska Sp. z o.o.