httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] difference between UNIX and WIN source package
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:19:38 GMT
Sean Conner wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Syntax once stated:
>>
>> My question is :
>>
>> Is there any one know about what is the difference between UNIX source and
>> WIN source in detail ?
>
>   One major difference will be the character(s) used to mark the end of each
> line of text in the source code.  Unix and Windows use different characters
> to designate this (and there are reasons, mostly historical, on why this is
> the way it is).

Yup - srclib/apr/build/lineends.pl will help turn a win package into a unix
package or visa-versa (just run it on the target platform or use --lf or -crlf.)

>   Another difference may be the makefiles (files that describe the
> order of compilation) or how the makefiles are generated on the two
> platforms.

Actually we -add- the generated component.mak files generated from the
component.dsp files.  But they are created from the .dsp's that are in
both packages.

>   -spc (other than that, I suspect the sources are similar)

Correction... otherwise identical :)