httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roman Fiedler <roman.fied...@arcsmed.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] maxfilesixe
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:29:52 GMT
Di Giambelardini Gabriele wrote:

> Hi to all, it's my first time in this mailinglist.
> I have a problem with apache, i have configured an virtualhost and i
> must download from the site, by the virtualhost, one file of 4GB, but
> i can't.
> somebody know how i must do for configura apache to download that files?
> thank, i wrote from italy excuse my english

I think it is not possible with the standard httpd file download since
it limits the Content-Length to 2^^31 -1. But it is possible with
php-script that does not return a Content-Length but sets
Transfer-Encoding: chunked. You can then send any amount of data to the
client

lg roman

btw: Mozilla browser download manager reports negative download size
above 2G but also stores file above 4G correctly