httpd-users mailing list archives

From cristi <cri...@medialab.sissa.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache ignores cached entries.
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:04:13 GMT
> On 11/10/06, cristi <cristi@medialab.sissa.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> I've set up apache 2.2.3 as a caching reverse proxy. Another
>> server behind my apache installation sends cachable responses.
>> My apache server caches all the appropriate responses, but it
>> doesn't use the cache entries for some of them even if they
>> are cached and fresh.
>

> Your examples didn't really demonstrate anything interesting as far as
> I can tell.  You didn't show that a previously cached file was not
> served from the cache, nor did you show the request headers, which can
> be crucial.

Ok. You are right. I was quite sure that your answer will be something
like this :) but I was thinking that there are some already known
workarounds ot that probably my configuration was wrong.

* My requests were performed with wget and in all the cases without any
   header included through the --headers command line option.

* I have installed mod_dumpio. Using these logs I can see the traffic
   between all the parties involved (client/cache/origin server). If
   you want I can send you the output of mod_dumpio for all the cases
   I have already mentioned.

* Being amazed of what happens after the analysis of the mod_dumpio log
   I've taken a look at the filesystem maintaining the cache. You can
   clearly see by loking at the file dates that the javascript file is
   always requested to the origin server and then cached, but the html
   file is cached only with the first request and then served to the client
   by the cache.

> The first thing you should try is changing LogLevel to debug and then
> looking in the error log.

Since I have already analyzed the log of mod_dumpio do you think
that has any sense of doing what you have suggested above ?

> Joshua.

Cristi