httpd-users mailing list archives

From mickg <mi...@mickg.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_charset_light and mod_proxy_html
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:49:25 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:50:30 -0500
> mickg <mickg@mickg.net> wrote:
>

>>> Secondly, isn't windows-1251 just MS's bastardisation of Latin-1?
>> In the lower registers, yes. In the upper ones, no.
>> Because it is really Cyrillyc-1251.
>
> Oh, erm, right.  Cyrillic.  I must've been confusing it with
> windows-1252 or something.
>
>> [Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [info] [client 192.168.17.121]
>> Content-Type is text/html [Mon Nov 06 19:15:07 2006] [warn] [client
>> 192.168.17.121] No usable charset information: using old HTTP default
>> LATIN1
>
> OK, so your first post was right.  Just had to check:-)

2 questions:
> I think I'd have to play with that hands-on to figure it out
> with your attempted configuration.
Was that an offer :) If yes, please say so, and shell account will be
provided. (As the system is a VM, I will just clone it, and give
access to that, so, if you mess it up, no problem).

> It might be worth trying
> mod_line_edit instead of mod_proxy_html.  You sacrifice the
> markup support, but in your case the markup isn't properly
> supported anyway, and you probably benefit from the fact that
> it is also unaware of charsets.

Hmm. Did not know about that module. Any idea where I can get the .so ?

Or an ubuntu package?

Or how to compile the source, given a development environment?

Thank you in advance,

mickg