httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris <chrco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Memory Usage
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:57:34 GMT
> On 11/20/06, Strader, William A. <WILLIAM.A.STRADER@saic.com> wrote:
> > Well it does seem like mod_perl is a a RAM users... I commented it out and
> > instead of 120mb RAM it is using 60mb RAM... Any suggestions on what I can
> > do to make mod_perl not use so much ram... I have it running cause I am
> > testing out a CMS system called WebGUI... Maybe I should just get used to
> > that amount of ram being used...
>
> Even 60mb of RAM is on the absurd side, except for very specific
> cases.  You should keep removing modules until you get down to
> something in the low double digits.
>
> As far as mod_perl goes, I'm not an expert.  Obviously there is too
> much stuff getting loaded at startup.  You should ask over on the
> mod_perl list, or in a support forum for WebGUI.
>
> Joshua.

Hi I use apache 1.3 as well as 2.2.3 so this is off topic since this
is for 2.2.3 but I have just noticed my processes use in excess of
100meg per child, I run eaccelerator which I know accounts for some of
this 32meg so this would leave around 80 meg per process without
eacellerator, I always thought this was normal and would explain why
on a box with 2 gig of ram I cant get anywhere near the amount of
child processes others reach without using swap.

Chris