httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Configuration for Apache 2.0.45
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:32:55 GMT
Ramesh,

On Nov 13, 2006, at 6:44 AM, Ramesh Kumar wrote:

> Syntax error on line 172 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/
> mod_ssl.so into
> server: The specified procedure could not be found.

I am not familiar with the specific error messages the Windows linker/
loader throws out, but it seems to me as if httpd can't find the SSL
libraries. Are the OpenSSL libraries available in a place where httpd
can find them? The tutorial you quote suggests that you put them in
\WINDOWS\System32 (ugh).

> Please help me in resolving the issue. If this is related to version
> problems of Open SSL or Mod SSL. Please let me know the correct
> versions of
> Open SSL  and Mod SSL.

The latest, and greatest, is always the best, especially where
security software like  OpenSSL and mod_ssl are concerned. The fact
that you explicitly specify httpd 2.0.45 must mean that you are tied
to that version due to external circumstances: If you weren't you
might consider httpd 2.2.3. I usually download my Windows httpd from
http://www.apachelounge.com/ : it comes with mod_ssl and OpenSSL
included.

Regards,

S.