httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Pfister" <spfis...@getcoactive.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] WebDAV setup on Windows XP
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:16:49 GMT
I've got it working now (sort of). It seems to function, but so far it's
unusably slow. Are there any better alternatives for the Windows platform?

  _____

From: Vinay Y S [mailto:vinay.ys@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:20 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV setup on Windows XP

Webdav in Windows products is broken beyond any hope. Even in Windows XP Pro
it doesn't work with certain combinations of updates and patches. Also, MS
Office products understand webdav. Even they don't work in all installations
as expected. Many a times they start talking FPSE.
Checkout http://greenbytes.com/
http://greenbytes.com/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html
http://greenbytes.com/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html
http://greenbytes.com/tech/webdav/webdavfaq.html

Also look at Microsoft KB articles. Search on MSDN for "webdav" "web
folders" etc.
Overall, its quite hopeless.
For your specific problems there are hacks available on the net.
specifically a module that sits before auth and (de)mangles the username.

--
Vinay