httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help Wanted for Setup
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:26:36 GMT
At 11:14 AM 11/16/2006, you wrote:
>   I am looking for PAID help in the setup of Apache 2.2 on a WINXP
>box.   We will be running openSSL, AUTH and later FastCGI, MYSQL and
>PHP.   This server will host multiple sites and multiple SSL certs.
>
>Would prefer to hire someone who will be available later on, after the
>setup is done, from time to time.
>
>    Also preferred is someone < 3 +/-  from PST.
>
>Please reply directly to apache@nwlocation.com with qualifications and
>hourly pay expected.

While I might be able to get by and help you, I am nowhere near an
expert, and have no qualifications other than installing Apache with
Mysql and php on a os/x mac box, so I wouldn't even consider
attempting to, or much less charging, to do the same on a Windows
box, however I can suggest the manual.  That's what helped me out
installing it on my system. Sure, you can probably find someone who
will get things up and running for a fee. But then, sometime later,
you'll change something. And it will break. And you'll be at a loss
on how to fix it. And the person you paid to install it won't be able
to look at it for a week. Could you afford to be down for a week? Or a day?

Happened to me. I installed it, and things were fine. I tried to
change one thing down the road, and it broke. Took me near 2 days to
fix it. Had I not installed it, I would not have known how to fix it.

Just making the suggestion. Depending on your level of expertiese,
it's not that hard.

Evan