httpd-users mailing list archives

From Todd Hivnor <spambox_98...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Limiting COPY method for WebDAV to one direction
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:44:28 GMT

I am running WebDAV on my Apache 2.0.51 server on Fedora Core 2.

I would like to allow users to copy files _from_ a certain directory,
but not _into_ it. However, if I allow the COPY method (via a the
LimitExcept tag)  then I am allowing copy _from_ and copy _to_. There doesn't
seem to be able to any means to control the direction of the copy
method.

Is there are way to configure this? It seems like a fairly basic
requirement: a read-only WebDAV folder which allows users to copy files into
their personal directories, with a direct HTTP COPY call.

 - Todd