httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dale Mellor <d...@rdmp.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Behaviour when CGI script fails to return?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:01:05 GMT
I'm curious how the httpd server behaves when a CGI program does not
return.  I ask because I am using a debugger quite extensively, and find
that the child process (the CGI program being debugged) often seems to
just go away after about five minutes, limiting my debugging session.

I'm guessing that after some timeout (which is being recorded in the
error log) the server is killing the process off.  Is this correct?  If
so, how can I change the timeout with a configuration setting?  Is the
generic TimeOut parameter used for this purpose (the manual lists three
uses of TimeOut, but does not mention CGI scripts).

I am using httpd-2.2.3, with the standard mod-cgi module.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dale