httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Seifert, Michael K." <mseif...@ufl.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble getting server to wrok
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:30:45 GMT
The server machine is at school, it is running Windows XP.

I'm not really sure what to say about the port number, in the
httpd.conf file I have the "Listen 80" line.  Is there something
else I should change it to, or a different place in the conf file
that I should look?

My IP address does begin with 192.168.XX.XXX.  With the magic of
Google, I see that this could be the reason I can access it from
the same room.  So, I suppose my next question would be: is there
some way to "forward" other clients to this specific machine, or
make a different IP address for this machine that would be
independent of my schools network?

Agian, thanks for your help.  I'm sure this is a really basic (and
boring) problem.

-Mike