httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel E" <emmanue...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help in setting up file Upload Feature with Apache
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:07:21 GMT
it depends on how feature rich you want the interface to be. you can pick up the very simple
perl CGI script at http://www.geniegate.com/listings/basicupload/ its free source with a compulsory
banner. you could check it out and write your own. i've hacked it to include a download feature
as well. if you need that let me know.

note: there is no password protection or size limit. you might run it on a ssl server with
basic auth enabled.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Todd Nine
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Help in setting up file Upload Feature with Apache

  Exactly, with you'll want to take into account the file size as well.  There is a limit
on the upload file size you will need to set on the server, for my uses, I usually use around
10 Mb.

  Todd

  On 11/25/06, Stephen <stephen-d@rogers.com> wrote:
    David wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > I am trying to set up a file upload feature using my apache server. I
    > want a particular page on my website to allow users to upload files to
    > my server.
    >
    > Anyone can help or provide any pointers on how to do this ?
    You need to create a web page with a form and a script in PHP or CGI to
    handle the action of the form.

    Stephen