httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Patel" <ramzey1...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ldap error configuration error: couldn't check user. No user file?: /
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:50:22 GMT
 hello

I have the following in my httpd.conf file for a paritcular virtual host for
ldap authentication via my domain controller

I have modified the username and password for security reasons....

  <Location "/">

    AuthName "Protected Site"
    AuthType Basic

    AuthLDAPURL ldap://xxx.xxx.xxx:389/cn=xxxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxxxx?xxxxxx
    AuthLDAPBindDN  "cn=xxxxxx,cn=users,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxxx"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword "XXXXXXXX"
    AuthLDAPAuthoritative off
    require valid-user

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    order allow,deny
    allow from all

    SSLRequireSSL

  </Location>

i am testing this internally in our network but when i type the username and
password at the login prompt i get the following error message in my
error.log

[Tue Oct 17 11:54:42 2006] [crit] [client xxxxxxxx] configuration error:
couldn't check user.  No user file?: /

[Tue Oct 17 11:54:43 2006] [crit] [client xxxxxxx] configuration error:
couldn't check user.  No user file?: /favicon.ico

I don't not see any traffic on the firewall indicating that it is
communicating with the domain controller. I had the same configuration on a
FC2 box with apache 2.0 but the following started to occur when i upgraded
the box to FC5 with apace 2.2.  ldap is installed properly because i used
ldapsearch to perform a basic query against my domain controller which
returned results.

Please help !!! thanks a bunch