httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by Options directive
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:20:15 GMT
On 10/30/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:

> I can't see anything wrong with this config... You must have something
> else wrong somewhere, eg:
>
> - you are editing the wrong config file (try putting in a deliberate
> syntax error to check it is detected)
> - you have another VH serving the requests (are the servernames real or
> did you obfuscate them?)
> - there *is* an htaccess file (put AllowOverride None) to be sure

Or

There is another Options directive in httpd.conf (or an Include'd
config file) overriding that Options.

Try searching for EVERY Options directive and making sure they ALL
include indexes.  Then assuming that works, you can go back and remove
them one by one until you find the critical one.

Joshua.