httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosts runnig on different ports
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:06:52 GMT
On 10/24/06, sharath reddy <> wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks Joshua, At present we are using iplanet 4 and want to migrate to
> apache. In iplanet we are runnig 3 virtual servers on 3 different ports(same
> ip address and sever name) which can be stopped and started individually, So
> i would like to have the same in apache.

But WHY?  What is "business case" for stopping and starting them
individually?  What exactly does it gain in functionality?

As I said, if you really need it, it can be easily accomplished with
multiple instances (perhaps even sharing a config file).

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: