httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff DeFord" <>
Subject [users@httpd] rewrite issues with reverse proxy
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:30:16 GMT

I have Apache 2.0.59 running as a reverse proxy with mod_proxy_html. I
was able to get the proxy server to work and also the URLs all appear
to originate from the proxy server.

There is, however, a small issue where the index page is not getting
rewritten correctly and &nbsp is getting rewritten as &amp:nbsp, so
when viewing the page from a browser, you actually see the characters
"&nbsp" on the page where the "&nbsp" was rewritten as "&amp:nbsp" .

I realize that the source html is pure rubbish as the instances where
the rewrite gets improperly translated the source reveals the "&nbsp"
was not delimited with the proper ";". That being said...

Other than rewriting all the crap HTML - How do I get around this???

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: