httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Resending requests
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:33:53 GMT

Normally, you define a simple mapping of input URL to proxy URL. Apache
forwards the request and reads back the response. Then it passes the
response to tbe client. If the response is valid HTTP (eg 404 Not Found)
then it just goes straight through.

However, if the first backend is actually down (ie, not responding) then
there is the possibility to use the load-balancing feature of mod_proxy
- see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html for
details

Rgds,
Owen Boyle