httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Custom error page 401 for reverse proxy
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:39:11 GMT

That's a bit like asking, "how do I make my car go backwards? - BTW,
reverse gear is not an option for me..."

The *obvious* solution is to use ErrorDocument, but that requires that
*some* of your webspace is publicly accessible. If you can't host the
ErrorDocument on the main server, can you host it on another server?
(remember, you can use "http://some-server/some-doc" in an
ErrorDocument...)

If that's not an option, the only other thing I can think of is to "use
the source, Luke" - hack into modules/http/http_protocol.c and look at
the method, get_canned_error_string(...). (PS - assuming 2.2.3)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thanks for your time.
>
> --
> "I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
> Incredibles)

the sender's company.