httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] alias
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 06:20:13 GMT

You can't. It's impossible.

You can't have a single alias point to two destinations. What happens is
that apache takes the "mp3down" in the request and replaces it with
"H:/mp3/" when it looks for the file on the filesystem. It is impossible
to make a single request look in *two* places on the filesystem... Note
that it *is* possible to have two aliases point to the *same*
destination, but not the other way around.

Think of it like taking a plane - an aircraft flying from Heathrow to
New York can have two flight numbers (eg, BA123 and AA321) but the
single aircraft can't land simultaneously at two airports!

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> --
> Best regards,