httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roger Hendrix at Baldor-IS" <RHend...@baldor.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 Proxy to Tomcat backend
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:23:49 GMT
Greetings:

I am trying to configure an Apache front-end Proxy Service to talk to a backend Tomcat Server.

The Apache Server is:	 apache2-2.0.49-27.59
The Tomcat Server is: jakaarta-tomcat-5.0.19-29.1

The Apache Server is configured using ProxyPass and ProxyPreserveHost statements.

Users can connect to the java application.

My problem is that the java application requires COOKIES to be maintained at the user client
level and these COOKIES are not being passed back to the user clients.

If I connect directly to the tomcat server locally, all works correctly.

I am sure it is something simple in the Apache Server Configuration.

Please advise.

Best regards.

Roger Hendrix
Information Services