httpd-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject [users@httpd] apache add module mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 04:03:31 GMT

I am currently using apache 1.3. We will be upgrading later this year
to apache2. For now I need to add mod_rewrite. I have been having some

First I thought I could add the following lines to my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

But when I went to start the server I received error message.

So I thought I would I would recompile the whole thing so here is what I

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=rewrite
--enable-module=ssl --enable-module=so
make clean
make install

It looked good, I did no receive any error messages when I was
compiling but mod_rewrite was still not installed:

httpd -l looked like this

No mod_rewrite.c

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great

Douglas Boos

Ready for the world's first international mobile film festival celebrating
the creative potential of today's youth? Check out Mobile Jam Fest for your
a chance to WIN $10,000!

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: