httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bjorgen T. Eatinger" <beatin...@edenhosting.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] multiple apache instances-help
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 02:55:17 GMT
Apache will load several more child instances in addition to each loaded instance as well,
the number of which is limited by a setting in the httpd.conf file.  So for each initial load,
you may have a dozen more instances running in memory as well, as each visitor comes to your
server.

So running out of memory could be an issue.

Bjorgen

-----Original Message-----
From:	Bill Angus [mailto:mdangus@psychtest.com]
Sent:	Thu 10/26/2006 6:08 PM
To:	users@httpd.apache.org
Subject:	Re: [users@httpd] multiple apache instances-help

Apache on windows works fine with multiple instances. The Apache Monitor does a good job of
keeping track of which instances are running, and their status.

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sharath reddy
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:41 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] multiple apache instances-help

  Hi All,

  I want to use multiple instances of apache on diffrent ports, for that i wrote differnt
httpd.conf files for different ports(of course, each have unique Listen port and httpd.pid
files, log files), and i just loading httpd multiple times with one config file for each port

   ( using  apache/bin/apachectl -f apache/conf/httpd1.conf -k start,  and ..... httpd2.conf
-k start) , and it just seems to be working.  Am I heading in the right direction here?
  Thanks

believed to be clean.