httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ravi Menon" <jravime...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI receives SIGTERM
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:59:38 GMT
I repeated a similar test on my apache 1.3.33 and it works - I see the
following lines in the error_log during timeout:

............read script header timed out

Confirmed with ps that the script is actually killed. Also confirmed
from the sources on where this error_log line originates from -
ap_script_scan_header_core() ..leading to here from a sequence of
calls from mod_cgi.so ; the first attempt to read headers from the cgi
app.

Repeated the test in apache 2.2.0 (with mpm prefork) and I get a
similar output during timeout:

.....Timeout waiting for output from CGI script .........

As per 1.3.33 sources, if SIGTERM fails, it even tries SIGKILL (9).

Ravi