httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kris Da San Martino" <>
Subject [users@httpd] Help in startup.
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:52:30 GMT
Good morning:

   I'm getting an error when I try starting Apache 2.0.58 on my Windows
XP box.

The program loaded fine but when I try starting it from in services the
following message is displayed.

"Windows could not start the Apache2 on Local Computer, for more
information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft
service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error
code 1."

After seeing this error message I checked the Event Viewer and did find
an error in the Systems event viewer.  It shows an EventID of 7024 and a
description of "The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific
error 1(0x1)."

I did take a look in the Apache log but did not see anything that might
help in resolving my problem.

I've look through the Microsoft web site be the answer I got there
didn't seem to apply.

Can anyone direct me in resolving this problem.

View raw message