httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Bram" <Robert.B...@colesmyer.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] multiple ScriptAliases
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:03:41 GMT

Hi All,

Is there something wrong with having multiple ScriptAliases as per below?
When I try this I cannot start Apache through the XP Services Console - but neither do I see
any errors in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\logs\error.log"

# Script Alias 1
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

# Script Alias 2
ScriptAlias /rob/ "H:/website/scripts/"
<Directory "H:/website/scripts">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

When I use the Apache "restart" shortcut instead, I see the following in the error.log:
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal -- Restarting the server.
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:00 2006] [warn] (OS 995)The I/O operation has been aborted because of either
a thread exit or an application request.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:01 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Released the start mutex
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Waiting for 250 worker threads to exit.
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: All worker threads have exited.
[Tue Oct 10 10:02:02 2006] [notice] Child 3008: Child process is exiting

The server continues to serve html, but any time I access a script, I get the following page
(with nothing in the error log):
Server Error
The following error occurred:
[code=CANT_CONNECT] Could not connect because of networking problems. Contact your system
administrator.
Please contact the administrator.

Kind Regards,

Rob
:)

Robert Mark Bram
Portal Analyst Programmer
 IT AD&S Portal Competency Centre - Development Team
Coles Myer Ltd 745 Springvale Road, Mulgrave
* 854 46767 / 0403 730 868
* robert.bram@colesmyer.com.au

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are
intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright
is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility
to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material
is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using
this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited
to resupplying the material.