httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Bram" <Robert.B...@colesmyer.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] permissions on command in script
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 01:59:47 GMT

Hi All,

I am using Windows Apache HTTP Server 2.0.55 with Cygwin on XP.

I am trying to run the following bash script in my C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin
dir:

#!C:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe
PATH=/usr/bin
echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
searchResult=`su rbram -c "grep 'search term' //udportweb01/etech/eEmployment.log"`
echo "grep result: $searchResult"

When I run it, I get the following in error.log:

[Fri Oct 06 11:55:13 2006] [error] [client 192.168.39.40] grep: //udportweb01/etech/eEmployment.log:
Permission denied, referer: http://localhost/searchLogs/logSearchScripts.html

However, I can run the command
su rbram -c "grep 'search term' //udportweb01/etech/eEmployment.log"
from Cygwin and it works.

Is there any way I can get Apache to run this command with the full permissions I have?

Kind Regards,

Rob
:)

Robert Mark Bram
Portal Analyst Programmer
 IT AD&S Portal Competency Centre - Development Team
Coles Myer Ltd 745 Springvale Road, Mulgrave
* 854 46767 / 0403 730 868
* robert.bram@colesmyer.com.au

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are
intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright
is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility
to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material
is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using
this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited
to resupplying the material.