httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] conf files in conf.d directory
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:11:22 GMT
Hi,

On 10/20/06, Tony Heal <theal@pace2020.com> wrote:
> I have a conf file that has multiple RewriteRule lines. This conf file works
> fine. My problem is this same conf file is used on several hundred boxes and
> is created from a CVS build. I need to add a custom RewriteRule for a single
> server that all other servers will not get. I believe I can create a new
> file in conf.d, but I am not sure how to do this. My initial thought was to
> simply create a file in conf.d with a file name that begins with a letter
> higher than the original file and contains only this:

conf.d is a distro specific (Red Hat/Fedora?) file layout not used by
the standard apache distribution. However the directive used for this
is 'Include'. You could use a name for an included which sorts
lexically before the others but I *believe* getting a consistent
sorting order depends on your filesystem.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#include

--
noodl