httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't get mod_dumpio to work
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:15:01 GMT
On 10/20/06, Jose María Sánchez de Ocaña <jsandeo@evolucy.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I've just downloaded & compiled the latest stable release of the 2.2.3
> apache server, because I wanted to be able to use mod_dumpio to help
> debug my web app.
> It took me a good 2 hours to get everything running again (I was
> upgrading from apache 2.0.something). Anyway, after all, I haven't
> managed to get mod_dumpio to work :( . And I've tried mostly everything
> that could come up to my mind...
> - googling
> - enabling dumpio as a shared module
> - building apache with dumpio preloaded
> - tweaking all sorts of LogLevel options
> - placing the "DumpIOOutput On" directive at different places of my
> /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file and /etc/apache2/sites-available/*.conf
> files (I'm running Debian)
> - more googling :(

It's somewhat unclear from this how you compiled apache as the paths
look simillar to those used by the debian 'package'. Are you trying to
use mod_dumpio from apache 2.2 with the debian 2.0?

> I know dumpio is not supported, but if anyone has any experience or can
> help me try anything else, I'll appreciate it very much.

What errors do you see when you try to start you server? Using "httpd
-e debug" (or apache2 or whatever other thing debian calls the server
binary) might help too.

> About my box...
> localhost:/etc/apache2# uname -a
> Linux localhost 2.6.15-1-686-smp #2 SMP Thu Feb 2 18:39:24 UTC 2006 i686
> GNU/Linux
> localhost:/etc/apache2# apache2 -vl
> Server version: Apache/2.2.3
> Server built:   Oct 20 2006 02:36:18
> localhost:/etc/apache2# apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_dumpio.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   worker.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c

Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a distro that packages apache
2.2 and one that does so without turning the configuration in to a
confusing mess.

--
noodl