httpd-users mailing list archives

From Salvatore Cozzolongo <cozzolo...@planetek.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Execution of a cgi on a cluster...(corrected)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:13:51 GMT
> I think there is basic misunderstanding here about CGI really is.  A
> CGI script is essentially an arbitrary program, so it can do whatever
> you want.  (Of course, you need a few basic things like an HTTP
> response header.  See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/cgi.html#writing )
>
> So for example, your CGI script could be
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo Content-Type: text/plain
> echo
> mpirun mapserver

I thought this type of script,too.
But this script doesn't function because the problem is how to give the query
string to mapserver..for example:

/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mnt/MAPSERVER/applicazioni_file/bari.map&mode=map&mapext=16.85123+41.117669+16.871338+41.129442

Excuse me for the correction and the past quoting...
--
Salvatore Cozzolongo