httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sharath reddy" <reddy....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosts runnig on different ports
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:57:41 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Joshua, John for your replies. I am not fully aware the environment
to tell what's the business case, as i am new here. As far as i know , they
want to have 10 ports and some are running as secure ones and some are
unsecure, and for different applications(so that management will become
easier).

My question is: in the case of multiple insatnces of apache, i wrote
differnt httpd.conf files for different ports(of course, each have unique
port and httpd.pid files), and i just loading httpd multiple times with one
config file for each port.Am I heading in the right direction here?