httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tremal Naik" <tremaln...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory listing empty
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:40:58 GMT
Hello everybody,
this is the first time I write to this ML.

I'm not able to list files in the directory /usr/share/doc/
I only get a page with the link "Parent Directory"

I have installed Apache 2 on a Debian System:

# apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.54
Server built:   Jul 28 2006 08:55:39

I didn't touch the default configuration stored in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
I created the file:

/etc/apache2/conf.d/docs

whit the contents:

Alias /docs/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc">
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

at this point I had a forbidden error, trying to access the url

http://myserver/docs/

so I added to the above file the following directive:

<Location /docs>
       Order Allow,Deny
       Allow from all
</Location>

Now I can access the directory, but I only have the "Parent Directory" link.

I tried to add the options

Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None

to both <Directory/> and <Location/> directives, but nothing changed.

I CAN list the contents of the icons directory

http://myserver/icons/

Can you help me?

--
TREMALNAIK