httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neville Aga" <nevi...@agafamily.com>
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 03:05:12 GMT
Try #2 - any takers out there? I am interested in upgrading my existing
web site to have a way for people to log in via forms and set a cookie,
and have a module that lets people sign up for accounts, email out a
confirmation, handle lost passwords, etc. I want to do this with my
existing apache / mod_perl install. I am seeing several scripts and
options out there, both paid and free and I want to poll this community
on what the best way is to achieve this functionality with an existing
script/module. I dont want to re-invest the wheel - any takers?

Thanks,
Neville Aga

________________________________

From: Neville Aga
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 5:35 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org

I have an existing website running Apache 1.3.34 that is integrated with
PERL via mod_perl. (the site is checkinsooner.com). I want to take the
next step with this site and open up usernames and passwords so that
people can look at data pertinent to thier visits on the site. I am not
sure how to implement this. What is the best way to add an authenticated
user piece to a site, not quite a a shopping cart application  but more
like a registered user application? I am looking for standard stuff -
allow people to sign up for accounts, send out automated emails with
account information, confirm receiept of that email,  when logged in
look at information relevant to thier account, etc. I am just not sure
how to build this kind of service into an existing apache website. Any
suggestions on what I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Neville Aga