httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Barul Wilian" <Wilian.Ba...@scania.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Startup on Suse 10.0??
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:33:08 GMT
	 As I use the apache as server of ftp; that is; how to place an archive in the Unix saw apache?

Best Regards,

Wilian Barul
Wilian.Barul@scania.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaël Lams [mailto:lamsgael@gmail.com]
Sent: terça-feira, 24 de outubro de 2006 08:22
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Startup on Suse 10.0??

Hi Arthur,

> > Does ne1 have a recommendation to get Apache 2.2.3 to automatically
> > restart on Suse 10.0?
>
> Why don't you use the /etc/init.d/apache2 file made by SuSe, modify
> the various paths and then "insserv -d your_script"?
>
> >>I apologize for not mentioning it but I compiled Apache.

Actually it was clear to me that you compiled it from scratch but it's
my understanding that your current script in /etc/init.d is not
working. For this reason my advice was to install the apache 2.2.x rpm
provided by suse, make a copy of its apache2's init.d file and
modified it to fit your installation path.

Kind regards

Gaël