httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Brusten <philip.brus...@cc.kuleuven.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy: 503 Service Unavailable
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:48:35 GMT
Hello,

Below is an e-mail I've sent some while ago. I didn't receive an answer
yet. Maybe this isn't the right place for asking this question. Perhaps
its something for the devel list.
Any comment would be kindly appreciated!!

Philip

-------

Hi,

I've a proxy setup with Apache2.2.3 and mod_proxy.
It often happens that the connection to the backend server fails:
[error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx (host.example.com) failed

When this happens the worker is disabled for a while
[error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (host.example.com)

Usually the worker keeps disabled for 1 min. During that time I see the
following errors in my logs:
[error] proxy: HTTP: disabled connection for (host.example.com)

The Clients receive a 503 Service Unavailable error, but when going
directly to the backend server (not passing the reverse proxy) there is
nothing wrong.

Is this a normal behavior?
Is it possible to shorten the time the worker is disabled?

Can somebody point this out for me?

Kind regards,

Philip Brusten