httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about sharing IPs over different installs of Apache
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:22:17 GMT
I am trying to make my own little VPS system. I've managed to create a
few virtual servers, all running their own installs of Apache 2.0.59/PHP
4.4.2 however, they are all on their own unique IPs. My question is in
the instance of VPS systems like Ensim or Cpanel, where they create a
VPS per domain but still share only on IP. How are they managing to do
this? Is there a way to have to installs of apache listening on the same
IP address? Can someone shed some light on how Ensim is able to have
each domain run under it's own user name and have it's own web
configuration? Am I missing something in how this is done?

thanks!