httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thom Hehl <t...@nowhereatall.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi-bin woes
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:03:20 GMT
OK, I haven't run httpd in a while. I have a new installation and am
having a glitch I need some help with.

I've gone through the cgi bin document for Apache 2.2.3 and have created
the first.pl script as suggested in the docs, but do not get any of the
four results listed. Instead, when I run 192.168.1.49/cgi-bin/first.pl I
get a 404 error.

In my httpd.conf I have
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

In /var/www/cgi-bin, I have:
first.pl
rand_text.pl

Both of which have read/execute access for everyone.

I checked the logs and there is literally nothing in them. I stopped
httpd, blew away everything in the logs directory, restarted httpd and
re-created the 404 and there is not a single file in the logs directory.
Nada!

In frustration, I checked the system logs which show only the httpd restart.

I am now clueless as to how to proceed. Can anyone point me in a direction?

Thanks.