httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] A mod_gunzip for Apache 2.x ?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:46:27 GMT
Hi,

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 14:23, saf wrote:
>> I need a module which unzip gzipped files so that I can then use filters
>> to filter out some data in this gzipped html files.
>>
>> Because when I have a test.html.gz file, the module should only gunzip
>> *.html.gz files as OutputFilter to save performance. Then I can parse
>> and change some contents of this files and re-compress them with the
>> module DEFLATE.
>
> It's called mod_deflate, and has both inflate and deflate filters.

Isn't that only true for 2.2?  Although (as Nick and I know) you can use
2.2's mod_deflate on 2.0 if you really need must.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.