httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Devraj Mukherjee" <dev...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Custom error page 401 for reverse proxy
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:29:08 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am running a reverse proxy based on Apache. The root of the web
server is protected (basic authentication) however I wish to present
the user with a custom error page if they fail to authenticate
(primarily to hide the details of the web server and operating system,
presented by default by Apache).

If I add an ErrorDocument tag it can't be processed properly because
its placed in the root of the web server. How can I overcome this, or
more importantly can I do anything about it?

Create a public virtual host is not an option for me.

Thanks for your time.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)