httpd-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] "Deadlock" msgs in error_log
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:32:13 GMT
Hi,

We're running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9, and we are seeing a number of "[error]" and "[warn]"
messages in the error_log file.  The error msgs occur occasionally, but the warn msgs are
output quite frequently.

The error msgs say:

[error] [client AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: apr_global_mutex_lock
(rewrite_log_lock) failed, referer: http://myhostx.xxx.com/...

The warn msgs say:

[warn] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: ap_proxy: couldn't create the lock

Does anyone know what might be causing these and how to eliminate them?

Also, since these msgs seem to refer to mutexes and locks, would these errors and warnings
be causing the performance of Apache to slow down?

Thanks in advance,
Jim