httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <al-httpdus...@none.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "Deadlock" msgs in error_log
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:14:26 GMT
Hi,

On Mit 18.10.2006 19:32, ohaya@cox.net wrote:

>We're running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9, and we are seeing a number of
>"[error]" and "[warn]" messages in the error_log file.  The error msgs
>occur occasionally, but the warn msgs are output quite frequently.
>
>The error msgs say:
>
>[error] [client AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] (45) Deadlock situation
>detected/avoided: apr_global_mutex_lock (rewrite_log_lock) failed,
>referer: http://myhostx.xxx.com/...
>
>The warn msgs say:
>
>[warn] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: ap_proxy: couldn't
>create the lock
>
>Does anyone know what might be causing these and how to eliminate them?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#acceptmutex

We have *fixed* this error message with:

posixsem
and
pthread

The default mutex have been changed in the past :-(

I have also asked this in the past but haven't get a answer :-(

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=111761657126915&w=2

Hth

Alex