httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-apache-ml-us...@schottelius.org>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy (reverse): Problem after restarting backend
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:24:53 GMT
Hello!

I am using Apache/2.2.3 on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE with mod_proxy
enabled.

When I restart the backend (same setup), the frontend server
returns "Service temporarily not available" although the backend
is already restarted.

It looks like apache caches that the backend was unavailable
and waits $not_yet_known time until it retries.

I am wondering
   a) whether one can tell apache always to retry and never deliver
      the service unavailable message
   b) whether apache can be 'tuned' to use a lower delay for rechecking?

I did not find anything regarding that issue in the bugtracker nor
in the mod_proxy documentation.

Nico

--
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)