httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot Start HTTPD Service
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:03:27 GMT
On Thursday 12 October 2006 17:31, Bjorgen T. Eatinger wrote:
> Whenever I try starting the httpd service, I get the following error:
>
> [root@log]# service httpd start
> Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory [FAILED]

So presumably you compiled it (either all of apache or one or
more module you're loading) against that library.

> I've obtained and installed the very latest openldap (v2.3) and it did
> NOT install this library.  I have no idea why Apache needs this library
> in the first place.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can fix this?  We are dead in the water not being
> able to start the server.

Are you using ldap?  If so, just compile apr and apache using the library
versions you do have installed.  If not, just don't load the ldap modules.
Or if necessary recompile without ldap support.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674