httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <>
Subject [users@httpd] Fixing Localhost on a Mac
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 00:12:42 GMT
I hired someone to install and configure Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin on my new MacBook
Pro and set up a virtual host that I could use as a guide. It's kinda sorta working, but there
are some major problems. For example, he installed phpMyAdmin inside one of my websites, and
http://localhost displays the home page of that same website.

Anyway, it seems like localhost is a logical place to start fixing things, but I'm confused.
Can someone tell me what file would normally be displayed at http://localhost on a Mac (I
thought it was Apache's welcome page) and what I need to do to make it display there?

I moved phpMyAdmin to /Users/MyName/Sites, where my websites are stored. After I get localhost
figured out, I'd like to set it up to display at either http://localhost/phpMyAdmin or http://phpMyAdmin

View raw message